Under 9 Drummoyne Black,
9 May 2015, Wagener Oval, Ashbury
It is clearly evident that there is significant improvement in the skills being demonstrated week to week. Western Suburbs kept us under pressure for most of the match. It was our hardest and closest match of the season to date. The boys seem to be responding well to Warwick’s coaching and encouragement.
- A frantic first quarter
- Our forwards started strongly with some solid kicking by Luke
- Lochlan D. was on the ball constantly
- Toby had his first real taste of tackling and being tackled
- Cooper was most persistent in driving back the hosts
- Denver immediately assumed a position in the forward line and proved effective in attack
- The second quarter started slowly
- Some great kicking and handballs from William
- As usual , Damien was all over the defence and took control of the play
- A jaw-dropping mark from Harrison
- William M. shut the opposition down with some solid tackling and then moved the play forward with a long-range handball
- Trying to get a consecutive chain of possessions proved difficult for us
- Great long kick from Russell and some aggressive tackling
- Duke was all over the play with lots of passing and a mark
- Jackson was all over the opposition with some enthusiastic tackling
- Luke picked up the slowing pace of the play with a quick pass and energetic bustling
- Jackson continued to push the team as captain this week and did everything possible to steer the game away from the hosts.
- Great mark from Harrison and defensive kicking from Denver
- Damien saved a final attack on our goal with some great smothering defence
Encouragement award went to William M.