Love Drummoyne Power? We need you on our Board!
Drummoyne Power is run by volunteer parents for the benefit of their children.
We have a number of Board members standing down next year – and we thank them for their contribution to making Drummoyne Power such a great club.
We’re looking for new people to get involved.
The commitment will vary (from a little, to a lot)… we can tailor the responsibility to suit you.
It is a great way to be involved in your local community and promote a sport we love… it is hugely rewarding. Contact our Secretary Ally MacDonald or President Jeremy Stanwix for more information or just to have a chat.
We need help at all levels – from someone who can just volunteer time or a specific skill set every now and again – through to regular commitments at a team or club level.
Volunteer at a Team Level
While all positions are filled for Season 2016, it is not too early to register your interest in Season 2017.
We will have over 30 teams ready to hit the field in 2017 across Power and the Cannons. That’s over 60 coaches and managers at a minimum.
So, how do I put my hand up?
1. If you are already a coach, assistant coach or manager for any team, and would like to continue in that role in 2017, please let us know that you’re up for another great season of footy. If you are new to coaching and managing and can help out, we’d love to know you’re interested, so get in touch!
- Auskick u5-u8, contact Auskick Coordinator Megan Chandra.
- Juniors u9-u11, contact our Registrar Simon Osborne or Vice-President Milan Serovich
- Cannons u12 and above, contact Cannons Board Member Dean Lee.
- Youth Girls, contact our President Jeremy Stanwix.
Drummoyne Power and the Canada Bay Cannons requires all volunteers to provide a valid Working with Children Check. The process is straightforward and details are online.
All coaches must be accredited by the AFL, and Drummoyne Power/Canada Bay Cannons will reimburse you for the cost of accreditation courses.
Volunteer at a Club level
Without all families contributing in a volunteer capacity in one way or another, Drummoyne Power wouldn’t be the successful club that it is. Whether it is staffing the canteen or BBQ every so often, or helping out on a more regular basis, we need volunteers at all levels. Some jobs require a regular weekly commitment – others just a few hours at home games or every now and again.
Any of our board members would be happy to talk to you about getting involved at Drummoyne Power.