Drummoyne Power Junior AFL is committed to providing materials for coaches to enjoy the coaching experience with their kids.
Our experience is that the AFL coaching courses are really good with a nice mixture of theory and practice.
Drummoyne Power, like the AFL, requires coaches to complete the accreditation course in their first year. This course is paid for by the Club, and offered to all those interested in coaching or acting as an assistant coach.
- All coaches are required to adhere to the AFL Codes of Conduct, and the AFL’s Kids First policy.
- Coaches and assistant coaches are also required to follow Drummoyne Power’s Child Protection Policy.
Other useful resources:
- AFL Auskick Coaching Information and Tips
- AFL Sydney Juniors By-Laws 2018
- The AFL Community website has a range of materials to assist coaches, including skills videos, coaching manuals, drills and strategies, and coaching tips for all age groups.
- Information on the AFL Coaching Accreditation Course.
Junior and Youth coaches are encouraged to provide constructive online reviews of umpires. This feedback helps to inform the development of the umpire coaching program with the intention of improving umpiring at all levels of the game. Please make this a part of your weekly coaching responsibilities. The form can be accessed here.